Be part of a growing and winning team. Make a contribution to the success of all Corvallis students.
Position Description: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Hourly Pay Range: $16 – $18/hr DOE
Hours: An average of 20 hours per week, not to exceed 940 hours per year; flexible schedule with prior approval.
Benefits: This part-time position does not offer a benefits package.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director of the Corvallis Public Schools Foundation (CPSF). The mission of CPSF is to support students in our 13 local public schools and inspire learning for a lifetime. Current areas of focus include graduation rates, enrichment, and educational access for students navigating poverty, homelessness, and mental health challenges. The Executive Assistant will make a significant contribution to CPSF’s continued growth, bringing programmatic and fundraising efforts to scale and helping meet the needs of students in our schools.
- Support development activities of the Corvallis Public Schools Foundation.
- Provide coordination and administrative assistance for events, including the annual fundraising breakfast, school tours, and receptions.
- Assist in preparation of print and electronic materials for fundraising efforts, including mailings, social media campaigns, and the development of a quarterly e-newsletter.
- Maintain accurate documentation of development efforts in order to ensure effective internal communication and strategic planning.
- Assist with tracking and reporting for grants received by CPSF.
- Assist with administration of grants, awards, and other initiatives funded by CPSF.
- Publicize grant opportunities through various communication channels.
- Organize applications and summary spreadsheets for the Executive Director and Grants and Scholarship Committee; record and communicate funding decisions.
- Ensure that grantees submit appropriate data, narrative reports, student testimonials, and photo/video documentation in a timely fashion. Keep records organized and coordinate photo/video documentation as requested.
- Assist with coordination of Golden Apple Awards: solicit and compile nominations, coordinate award presentations and materials, and communicate with awardees as needed.
- Assist with administration of college scholarships: promote opportunities, organize applications, prepare materials, and follow up with awardees as needed.
- Assist Executive Director with tasks associated with the CPSF Board of Trustees.
- Prepare materials and plan events for new trustee orientation.
- Offer administrative support to five CPSF committees by providing appropriate documents and assisting with communication of meetings and deadlines.
- Maintain governing documents, policies, and bylaws in an organized fashion.
- Promote the growth and visibility of CPSF.
- Assist with website maintenance.
- Assist with social media and other outreach as needed.
- Assist with development of marketing materials.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent organizational skills
- Independent, self-starter with problem solving abilities and a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork and improving internal infrastructure and systems
- Passion for and experience in public education, youth development, non-profit management, and/or development
- Experience with database management
- Experience with budgets
- Marketing and outreach skills
- Bachelor’s degree or three years of experience in a similar position
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26, 2019.