Make a contribution to the success of students in the Corvallis School District, now and in the future. Be part of a growing education foundation team.
- Position Title: Development Director
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Salary range: $48,000 – $52,000 depending on experience
- Hours: An average of 40 hours per week; flexible, hybrid work schedule with prior approval.
- Six weeks of paid time off plus 11 holidays per year
- Simplified Employee Pension Individual Retirement Account (SEP IRA)
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSE-HRA).
The mission of CPSF is to support students in our 13 local public schools and inspire learning for a lifetime. Our vision is that all students—regardless of race, culture, socioeconomic status, language, ability, gender, sexual orientation, or other identifiers—graduate as engaged community members, ready to contribute to their fullest potential and navigate the world’s complexities.
Working in collaboration with the Corvallis Public Schools Foundation’s (CPSF) Development Committee and Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for advancing development-related activities for CPSF. Primary goals of the position include fostering relationships with donors, building the visibility of the organization, and driving strategic improvement and expansion in fundraising.
The Development Director will make a significant contribution to CPSF’s continued growth, bringing fundraising efforts to scale and helping ensure the success of students in our schools. This is a new position. The winning candidate will join a small, committed staff team with a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Facilitate the process of developing a major gifts program that will launch the next phase of growth for CPSF.
- Engage, inform, and cultivate relationships with new and established donors.
- Seek ways to engage CPSF trustees in meaningful donor-development tasks.
- Assume a lead role in keeping meticulous donor records.
- Turn donation data into information and insights that can help inform fundraising strategy. Generate, analyze, and share reports in order to show progress toward development goals.
- Seek new ways to engage volunteers in CPSF’s development activities; support them in their roles.
Outreach and Marketing
- Optimize the CPSF website as a key marketing and communications tool.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on development, production, and distribution of the annual report and other print materials.
- With support from the team, plan and execute print mailings and e-newsletters.
- Lead efforts to create a sustainable plan for expanded social media presence.
Events and Campaigns
- Provide leadership and on-the-ground management for events, including the annual fundraising event, school tours, and receptions.
- Coordinate with staff, Board of Trustees, and donors to ensure successful event outcomes including creating/implementing program elements, guest identification, and post-event stewardship.
- Implement additional fundraising campaigns on an as-needed basis; support key players, communicate progress toward goals, and celebrate accomplishments.
- Attend Development Committee meetings and support the Committee in carrying out its work.
- Support the Executive Director and Development Committee in creating development-related reports as needed.
- Fill other administrative roles in order to bring projects to fruition.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism, English, business, or a related field
- A minimum of three years of experience and/or training in fundraising concepts and principles, event management and communication, sales or public relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to nurture and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to analyze data to produce reports and/or provide presentations
- Passion for and experience in public education, youth development, or social services
- A demonstrable commitment to and willingness to support equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office products, as well as experience with database and website management
- Ability to plan in a team context and carry out work independently
- Superb planning and process management, with the ability to measure performance against goals and drive improvements
- Flexibility in implementing work schedules that match organizational needs, including occasionally shifting time to evenings or weekends
- Proof of COVID vaccination
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com by February 11, 2022
Download this job description: 2022 Development Director Position Description