This year, the Corvallis Public Schools Foundation is commemorating its 20th anniversary. Over the past two decades, we have:
- Channeled nearly $10 million in private donations into public schools across Corvallis
- Provided nearly $500,000 in small grants to teachers
- Awarded more than 80 Golden Apple Awards to outstanding teachers and staff
- Supported students experiencing poverty in numerous small and large ways.
As we take stock of how we have evolved as an organization, we offer this set of goals for growth and impact in the coming years:
- Expand our Learning Enrichment Grants program for teachers/staff (grants of $200-$1,000)
- Add a category of larger grants for district administrators and principals (grants of $1,000 to $5,000)
- Sustain our support for summer programs (approximately $45,000 per year)
- Seek ever more effective avenues of supporting students navigating poverty and housing instability.
This fall we also launched the Better World Endowment for Equity and Inclusion with an initial gift of $50,000 from Gifts for a Better World. We are committed to matching this seed money over the next two years to ensure that we have a means — from now on — of supporting historically underserved and underrepresented students.
Our priorities — especially equity and excellence — are shaped and guided by our Board of Trustees and our ongoing collaboration with the Corvallis School District. They reflect our commitment to our donor community to assess and address needs across 13 schools, and to do what we can to create pathways to graduation for each and every student.
Thank you for your support as we embark on our next 20 years.
Liv Gifford, Executive Director